Thursday, July 3, 2008

Which Third Day CD Should I Buy?

As of today, I'm officially a Third Day fan. Before this, I really didn't consider myself a fan. I didn't dislike the group. I just didn't really know their music. That has changed though.

Most people become fans of a band and then check out their blogs. Not me. I was on the blog of Downhere band member Glenn Lavender where I found a link to Mark Lee's blog. It said "This Guy Falls Down." I thought that was a really great title for a blog, so I took a look. I followed it here and there. When Mark posted that he was a fan of the Sammy Hagar years of Van Halen, I knew I liked this guy. I now not only follow his blog, I follow his Twitter feed (very funny), and I joined his summer reading club. Getting to know Mark online has been very educational for me. Eventually, I felt weird following his blog but not knowing his music, so I looked into it.

OK. I had heard of Third Day, but I just couldn't name any of their songs. OK, OK. I admit. I knew one of their songs. I didn't like it, so I didn't think I was a Third Day fan. (No, I'm not going to say which song I don't like.) Once I started paying attention, I realized that there are a ton of Third Day songs I really like. "Cry Out to Jesus", "Show Me Your Glory", "I've Always Loved You", the "Creed" remaket, etc. Mac Powell is really easy to pick out on the radio, so I don't know why I didn't figure out I was a Third Day fan a long time ago.

Well, I need to make up for lost time, so I am going to pick up one of their CDs. The question is, which one? I already downloaded "Call My Name" on iTunes. I blogged about that song earlier too. I could wait for Revelation to come out, but I'm not really a patient person. So, if you have a suggestion as to which CD to buy, let me know. If you are a not a Third Day fan, I encourage you to check out their music. It's good stuff. I wish I would have figured that out a long time ago. :-)

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I have been a 3D FANatic for 3 1/2 years. The first cd I bought was Offerings II and after that, ALL of them! I can't pick a favorite! You may want to start with the Chronology cds (volumn 1 and 2) They are like greatest hits albums and also come with DVDs!!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

:o) I am not sure any Third Day fan could pick just one cd haha! I have been a fan for quite a while and my favorite has always been Time but, I think it depends on what you are looking for! I agree with Dawn if you want a sampling of what they have done over the last 10 years I too would suggest the Chronology cd's.

Blessings.

Anonymous said...

From hat I hear, Time is one of their best albums. I hear a lo of people say it's their best. So for a starter CD, I would say either that or one of their Chronology CDs.

Kaitlyn Luce said...

This is Kaitlyn.

But every single time I hare "Call My Name" on the radio I think of you because of your earlier blog post. I grin alittle bit each time. :-)